Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Hole Tourist

I live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The buzzing, bustling heart of a land bordered by protected wilderness. The gateway to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, and many other adventures in between. This summer my family and I have been exploring, in depth, the place in which we call home. I have decided to start a blog about our adventures in this rough, rugged and demanding place with two hopes in mind. That as Winter settles in on this valley I can continue to motivate my family in our exploration, even in the bitter cold  months ahead; as well as find some new and interesting things for a family to do in order to stave off cabin fever.

Jackson is not a kid friendly town, well that's not entirely true. Jackson is a kid friendly town if you have hundreds of dollars to throw at various lessons and classes that are targeted towards one child in particular and not an entire family. That works well for some but for my situation its not the most appealing option.

I am a family lady. The most important things to me are; my children, my husband and how we all can interact and get along as a group. So as you can well imagine individual ski lessons at over 400 bucks a piece isn't what I have in mind when I am looking for some quality family time. Interestingly enough last year a set of kind hearted grandparents (shout out to you Granny and Papa) gifted to us a National Parks Pass. With that we set out in search of fun, family, and adventure; we even learned a few things along the way.
 That essentially is my blog. Its about a girl, who has a family, and a hope. We are locals in a tourist town, and occasionally we are tourist in an un-local town. This blog will be our adventures, both big and small, successful and downright miserable. Enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment